Las week, our man Patrick Dane sat down with Eran Creevy, director of Welcome to the Punch. It’s a glossy, shiny UK-set and produced action film with James McAvoy, Mark Strong and far more shooting and scrapping than British cinema can usually be bothered with. The super-stylised cinematography alone reads like your first clue that Ridley Scott was amongst the producers on the film.
Among the topics that Dane and Creevy chatted about was a potential sequel to Punch. Seems like the writer-director has it all planned out already.
Here’s Creevy’s quick explanation – which is a little bit spoilery even though I’ve redacted the huge reveal.
Because I am obsessed with Hong Kong, I came up with the title Hong Kong Sector and then I though yeah that would be the title. And Jacob Sternwood [Mark Strong’s character] is hiding out in Hong Kong and James McAvoy [as Max Lewinsky] is now in Prison because he has taken a lot of heat for it, and he has taken all the heat for [REDACTED].
[Lewinsky] is getting into more trouble… they bust him out of Prison and take him to Hong Kong to track down Mark Strong, but what happens when he gets to Hong Kong, he gets rid of of his shackles and stuff and the people who are following him and then he teams up with Mark Strong against the British Government…
James McAvoy and Mark Strong against the British Government? There’s a charity tag-team boxing match I’d pay a lot of money to see.
Welcome to the Punch is out on Friday. It looks like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-O_v0mlx8
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014