I don’t know if you should watch this clip from Oz the Great and Powerful if you haven’t already seen the film. This sequence is the big moment, the journey from black and white Kansas to vibrantly coloured Oz.
It doesn’t work half as well when it’s just the size of your laptop, low resolution and missing the surround sound and 3D.
Speaking to the LA Times, producer Joe Roth has pledged that the planned sequel to Oz won’t feature Dorothy. The reason is simple: there are twenty years between the end of this film and her arrival.
Or, to put it another way, they want to keep using James Franco, Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz and not sit back and wait for them to age first.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014