In June, Boom! Studios are launching a new comic from Bleeding Cool’s Si Spurrier and artist Jeff Stokely, Six-Gun Gorilla, based on the 1930s pulp western fiction of the same name. It spins off from a ReMake/ReModel post from Bleeding Cool last year. As Jess Nevins stated;
“Six-Gun Gorilla is O’Neil, a gorilla. In Colorado he is sold to Bart Masters, a prospector… Masters teaches O’Neil how to dig, fetch firewood, haul up buckets of water, cook, clean, and load and fire a revolver. Unfortunately, Masters is murdered by bad man Tutt Strawhan, leader of the Strawhan Gang, for what Masters knows about “the great motherlode”. When O’Neil finds Masters’ body, he swears revenge…”
This is means to be somewhere between Prophet and 2000 AD. Boom states;
Welcome to “the Blister” — a bizarre other-world colonized by humans sometime in the 22nd century, which quickly became a hotly-contested source of fertile land and natural resources long ago exhausted on Earth. In this new frontier, a rogue gunslinger and his companion wander across a wilderness in the grips of a civil war, encountering lawlessness, natives, and perversions of civilization in a world at the crossroads between the past and the future. The fact that said gunslinger is a bio-surgically modified silverback gorilla toting a pair of enormous revolvers is neither here nor there.
Written by Simon Spurrier (Marvel’s X-MEN LEGACY, CROSSED WISH YOU WHERE HERE), drawn by hot new talent Jeff Stokely (FRAGGLE ROCK, THE REASON FOR DRAGONS), and featuring a cover by Eisner Award-winning artist Ramón Pérez (A TALE OF SAND, WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN), SIX-GUN GORILLA is a pulpy mash-up of Western weirdness and lo-fi science fiction unlike anything else on the stands!
Here’s the cover.
And while we’re talking Si Spurrier, here’s what he’s got lined up for Titan Comics in June too.
Numbercruncher #2 (OF 4)
Writer(s): Si Spurrier
Artist Name(s): P.J. Holden
Colorist: Jordie Bellaire
Cover Artist(s): P.J. Holden
Street Date: August 7, 2013
Nothing worse’n a Mathematician in love. As he died, in 1969, a
Mathematician glimpsed the equation that drives the universe. This allowed him to strike a deal with the Divine Calculator: to be reincarnated, with all his memories intact, for another chance with the woman he loves.
In exchange, when he dies for a second time, he’ll go straight into the workforce of the Afterlife, setting free another operative – a surly chap in a bowler hat by the name of BASTARD ZANE.
But the Divine Calculator has a horrible sense of humor, and he’s incarnated the Mathematician thirty years after his death, in a poverty pit on the other side of the planet. The Mathematician still has a plan to spin things in his favor… but Zane isn’t taking any chances with his cosmic get-out clause.
After all, they don’t call him BASTARD for nothing!
And from Marvel…
X-MEN LEGACY #12
SIMON SPURRIER (W)
PAUL DAVIDSON A)
Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO
• To shut down the anti-mutant science cult known as “Darwyn’s Martyrs,” Legion is on the verge of making a tremendous sacrifice: forfeiting his mutant powers!
• Little does he know, his girlfriend, young X-Man Blindfold, is rushing to his aid…and she’s recruited her own ragtag team of X-Men to help her!
• And another thing Legion may not know? The mastermind behind Darwyn’s Martyrs may just be the villain in possession of his deceased father’s brain…(If you’re reading this, Legion: Watch out! It’s THE RED SKULL!)
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017
- Is Nick Spencer Suited To Write Captain America If He Opposes Punching Nazis? We Asked Captain America In 1982 - January 21, 2017
- Wizard World No Longer Taking Credit Cards For Tables And Booths – Cheques And Cash Only - January 21, 2017