When Nike chose a sneaker style for their Iron Man 3 tie-ins the Air Force 1 was the obvious choice, I suppose – seeing as Air Force One appears in the film.
Here are some snaps of the shoes from sneaker boutique Social Status who are selling these for $175 a pair.
And now I feel a bit winded because, yeah, there probably is a bit of self-awareness – if not irony – to the store being called Social Status, but $175 for a pair of shoes just turns me off, no matter how well made, attractive or novel.
Anyway, your leanings may vary. And there’s nothing inherently wrong with buying these shoes if you want them, I suppose. It’s more the selling at this price that makes me feel a bit itchy.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014