In a few posts over the last few months Bleeding Cool told you that the next big Batman story for DC Comics would follow on from Batman #0, by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo and tell a Year One-style story with The Riddler.
Today, in an interview arranged by DC PR with the Associated Press, Scott Snyder has talked about his new story, the “transformative years that shepherded him from who he was to who he would be”.
And that’s it to be an eleven issue story beginning in June called
“The Year Zero” “The Zero Year”. That it will show “how Bruce became the Batman, built the cave, faced off with his first super villain.” But that, as the name will have triggered certain fanboy responses, “We’re not going to take apart ‘Year One’… There’s no touching the hem of that book.”
It will be out in June, which probably explains the Batbook solicitations delays somewhat…
There us, however, no mention of The Riddler. You’ll just have to trust Bleeding Cool on that one…
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy, Signing And Talking In London On Saturday - April 27, 2017
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017