In a few posts over the last few months Bleeding Cool told you that the next big Batman story for DC Comics would follow on from Batman #0, by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo and tell a Year One-style story with The Riddler.
Today, in an interview arranged by DC PR with the Associated Press, Scott Snyder has talked about his new story, the “transformative years that shepherded him from who he was to who he would be”.
And that’s it to be an eleven issue story beginning in June called
“The Year Zero” “The Zero Year”. That it will show “how Bruce became the Batman, built the cave, faced off with his first super villain.” But that, as the name will have triggered certain fanboy responses, “We’re not going to take apart ‘Year One’… There’s no touching the hem of that book.”
It will be out in June, which probably explains the Batbook solicitations delays somewhat…
There us, however, no mention of The Riddler. You’ll just have to trust Bleeding Cool on that one…
- Stirrups & Beans: Food, Comics And Bringing Back The Chisholm Kid, In Manhattan This April - February 27, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Venomized Cover To Iron Fist #1 (UPDATE) - February 27, 2017
- All The ECCC 2017 Comic Book Exclusives We Can Find In One Big Post - February 27, 2017
- Comics Delays This Week In Arizona – At Least - February 27, 2017
- This Week, America Punches Nazis - February 27, 2017