In a few posts over the last few months Bleeding Cool told you that the next big Batman story for DC Comics would follow on from Batman #0, by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo and tell a Year One-style story with The Riddler.
Today, in an interview arranged by DC PR with the Associated Press, Scott Snyder has talked about his new story, the “transformative years that shepherded him from who he was to who he would be”.
And that’s it to be an eleven issue story beginning in June called
“The Year Zero” “The Zero Year”. That it will show “how Bruce became the Batman, built the cave, faced off with his first super villain.” But that, as the name will have triggered certain fanboy responses, “We’re not going to take apart ‘Year One’… There’s no touching the hem of that book.”
It will be out in June, which probably explains the Batbook solicitations delays somewhat…
There us, however, no mention of The Riddler. You’ll just have to trust Bleeding Cool on that one…
- Chris Weston Appeals To McDonalds And IKEA To Withdraw Ads After Katie Hopkins’ “Final Solution” Tweet - May 23, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits For August 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Yet Another New Inhumans Title From Marvel In August 2017… - May 22, 2017
- Ultimates2 Gets Its Hundredth Issue In August 2017 – Depending On Your Mathematics - May 22, 2017
- DC Comics Solicits For August 2017 – Metal Beginnings, Bombshell, Academy And Everafter Endings - May 22, 2017