In a few posts over the last few months Bleeding Cool told you that the next big Batman story for DC Comics would follow on from Batman #0, by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo and tell a Year One-style story with The Riddler.
Today, in an interview arranged by DC PR with the Associated Press, Scott Snyder has talked about his new story, the “transformative years that shepherded him from who he was to who he would be”.
And that’s it to be an eleven issue story beginning in June called
“The Year Zero” “The Zero Year”. That it will show “how Bruce became the Batman, built the cave, faced off with his first super villain.” But that, as the name will have triggered certain fanboy responses, “We’re not going to take apart ‘Year One’… There’s no touching the hem of that book.”
It will be out in June, which probably explains the Batbook solicitations delays somewhat…
There us, however, no mention of The Riddler. You’ll just have to trust Bleeding Cool on that one…
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017