Rob Tapert, Sam Raimi’s producing partner on the Evil Dead series, wants to make a distinction. The proposed sequel that we were calling Evil Dead 4 isn’t quite that – at least not by name.
Here’s the quote from Coming Soon:
That would be Army of Darkness 2. Everybody calls it Evil Dead 4 but Army of Darkness wasn’t called Evil Dead anywhere except by the fans.
Well… that’s not strictly true. Evil Dead III is listed as an alternative title by the BBFC, if that’s worth anything.
And I didn’t have to look long on Amazon to find a picture of this DVD box set. Saved me from going and digging my own copy out of the vault.
And I’m very sure that it was called Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness on my ticket stub too.
So, in short, it wasn’t just the fans. Still, the distinction will be useful when the old and new Evil Dead series have to run in parallel. If indeed they do.
You know, I like all this Evil Dead business buzzing about in the air. I like that it’s a going concern again. I love those three films, especially the first two, even more especially the second one.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014