Glory #33 by Ross Campbell
I’m going to miss this series terribly. Month after month Campbell would blow me away with covers like this one, constantly making me smile and whisper “wow!” as I prepared myself for some awesome action waiting for me on the following pages. The vibrant pink background certainly does add that intensity as we see Glory launching herself into some gigantic menacing jaws. While the situation looks bleak, Campbell’s art makes me believe that this is an even match-up for Glory, and she’ll have no problem busting some of those pearly(ish) whites. Can’t wait to see what Campbell will be illustrating next.
Stop, drop, and roll Bucky! Stop, drop, and roll! I’m loving the intensity in this cover, for part of me wants to duck to avoid the gunfire as well. Like the last issue’s cover, I’m glad to see the red, white, black & blue color scheme once again gracing our presence. The scene looks dire, for Bucky can only dodge those bullets for so long. Another great cover brought to life by Shalvey & Bellaire, may their reign on this series never end!
I never wanted this miniseries to end, because that means no more stunningly gorgeous covers depicting Willow by David Mack. I hope that Mack includes all these covers in his next collected art book, because if I had it my way each one deserves to be placed in a museum. Next convention I see Mack at, I’m definitely buying him a drink as a ‘thank you’ for providing my eyes with only the finest eye-candy for the past five months.
This is my favorite cover of the week, hands down. While each issue of this series has different variant covers, it’s always the ones by Irving that get me excited. This one is no different, as the hot and cool tones come to an eerie blend before us. The white hair and grayscale body are chilling, as the unnerving-looking iron wings seem to be bound by hot chains. It feels like this satanic angel is about to break free, reigning down chaos and annihilation. I do hope that this cover is a contender for the eventual trade, because I think it definitely works in drawing the reader in for the kill.
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017