It’s time for the Diamond Comic Distributors’ Best Practice Awards process to begin once more, these long hallowed trophies now entering their second year. They will be awarded at the Diamond Retailer summit at the end of April, and nominees accepted up to the end of this month.
Is your store worthy? Here are the categories for this year.
- Best Store Sign
- Best Interior Signage
- Best Cash Wrap Area
- Best Local Business Cross Promotion
- Best In-store Gaming Area
- Best Facebook Page
That first one should be nice and contentious. Will anyone beat Forbidden Planet with their Rian Hughes-designed logo?
To be considered for a Diamond BPA, retailers need only do the following:
1. Submit photos of the area(s) of the shop they wish to nominate.
2. Send in with a written statement (of no more than 500 words) explaining why they believe their store is deserving of the award.
3. Send their entry to Retailer Marketing Manager, Emily Testerman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for entry is March 29, 2013. All submissions will be on display at the 2013 Diamond Retailer Summit, where attending retailers will vote for the winners. Winners will be announced at the Summit’s dinner function on Thursday, April 25 and each will be presented with an engraved plaque noting their achievement.
For more information on the 2013 Diamond Retailer Summit, visit summits.diamondcomics.com. Good luck!
- Andy Weir On Why ‘Wonder Woman’ Sets Little Girls Up For Disappointment - July 23, 2017
- Sneak Peek Of The Legend Of Korra: Turf Wars Part 1 At SDCC – And Part 2 Announced! - July 23, 2017
- MacKenzie Cadenhead To Write Disney Spider-Man Book ‘Deck The Malls!’, With Christmas Venom - July 23, 2017
- Women Of Marvel Panel At SDCC: Rainbow Rowell’s Runaways Has The Same Plot As The Country Bears Movie - July 23, 2017
- Bringing Back Longshot, And More From The Marvel ResurrXion Panel At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017