It’s time for the Diamond Comic Distributors’ Best Practice Awards process to begin once more, these long hallowed trophies now entering their second year. They will be awarded at the Diamond Retailer summit at the end of April, and nominees accepted up to the end of this month.
Is your store worthy? Here are the categories for this year.
- Best Store Sign
- Best Interior Signage
- Best Cash Wrap Area
- Best Local Business Cross Promotion
- Best In-store Gaming Area
- Best Facebook Page
That first one should be nice and contentious. Will anyone beat Forbidden Planet with their Rian Hughes-designed logo?
To be considered for a Diamond BPA, retailers need only do the following:
1. Submit photos of the area(s) of the shop they wish to nominate.
2. Send in with a written statement (of no more than 500 words) explaining why they believe their store is deserving of the award.
3. Send their entry to Retailer Marketing Manager, Emily Testerman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for entry is March 29, 2013. All submissions will be on display at the 2013 Diamond Retailer Summit, where attending retailers will vote for the winners. Winners will be announced at the Summit’s dinner function on Thursday, April 25 and each will be presented with an engraved plaque noting their achievement.
For more information on the 2013 Diamond Retailer Summit, visit summits.diamondcomics.com. Good luck!
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017