Sofia Coppola‘s next is a ripped-from-the-headlines story of young crooks in and around Hollywood and Calabasas in California. She’s cast Emma Watson as the Bling Ring leader, snooping on celebrities’ whereabouts using the internet and then robbing their houses while they’re out.
Comparisons to Spring Breakers are bound to be plentiful. Both feature former tween stars being overtly sexual and criminal, both are made by young, sorta kinda experimental filmmakers.
This trailer, which I found at The Hollywood Reporter, is short and light on narrative, but certainly looks like a Coppola movie. I wonder why the time codes have been left in, though?
The last shot gave me chills. In a bad way. It reminded me of the opening of Coppola’s Somewhere though, to be honest, I hope to never think of that film again.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014