The US junket for The Croods is underway which means, of course, that Nicolas Cage is facing a minimum of eight questions per hour about his possible return to the role of Johnny Blaze, the Ghost Rider.
Spinning the wheel and letting it stop on any one of the very similar responses at random, I’ve landed at MTV. Cage told them:
I think the ship has sailed on that one. At least with me involved. Personally, I’m done. I’ve done what I had to do with that part. You never say never, but right now, today, I would say that I’m done.
I’ll keep digging through these interviews to see if anybody asked about a G-Force, Guarding Tess or Bangkok Dangerous sequel, I promise.
Now… I don’t know what terms Sony have on their Ghost Rider movie rights, but if the situation is anything like with Spider-Man they’ll be under a ticking clock to get another film into production before Marvel can claim the character back.
Perhaps they’ll let this one lapse… or perhaps they’ll give it another go with another actor.
There’s definitely lots of people who’d light their head on fire to be the star of a Ghost Rider movie. Loads and loads… but who could possibly compete with this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014