David Petersen is a total Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan! He spoke about how much fun he had doing first six covers for the TMNT Microseries for IDW without a hitch. It wasn’t until issue #7, about April O’Neil, that many editorial changes come down.
He suspects that IDW and, therefore, Nickelodeon became aware of the potential of the franchise and were just erring on the side of caution, which he understood. This also the reason his proposal for his own TMNT stories got turned down; he still hopes to get a crack at it someday. Another thing he mentioned that he was personally assured by Kevin Eastman that all the leaked issues with the TMNT live-action film had been dealt with.
But now David is very ambivalent, if not outright disconcerted, with the casting of Megan Fox as April since he believes it totally misses the point of the character.
The point being… to sell toys! Don’t you know anythoing David?
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017
- Yes, Frank Castle Is 100% Putting On The War Machine Armour For Marvel Legacy - July 22, 2017