David Petersen is a total Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan! He spoke about how much fun he had doing first six covers for the TMNT Microseries for IDW without a hitch. It wasn’t until issue #7, about April O’Neil, that many editorial changes come down.
He suspects that IDW and, therefore, Nickelodeon became aware of the potential of the franchise and were just erring on the side of caution, which he understood. This also the reason his proposal for his own TMNT stories got turned down; he still hopes to get a crack at it someday. Another thing he mentioned that he was personally assured by Kevin Eastman that all the leaked issues with the TMNT live-action film had been dealt with.
But now David is very ambivalent, if not outright disconcerted, with the casting of Megan Fox as April since he believes it totally misses the point of the character.
The point being… to sell toys! Don’t you know anythoing David?
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018