David Petersen is a total Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan! He spoke about how much fun he had doing first six covers for the TMNT Microseries for IDW without a hitch. It wasn’t until issue #7, about April O’Neil, that many editorial changes come down.
He suspects that IDW and, therefore, Nickelodeon became aware of the potential of the franchise and were just erring on the side of caution, which he understood. This also the reason his proposal for his own TMNT stories got turned down; he still hopes to get a crack at it someday. Another thing he mentioned that he was personally assured by Kevin Eastman that all the leaked issues with the TMNT live-action film had been dealt with.
But now David is very ambivalent, if not outright disconcerted, with the casting of Megan Fox as April since he believes it totally misses the point of the character.
The point being… to sell toys! Don’t you know anythoing David?
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017