David Petersen is a total Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan! He spoke about how much fun he had doing first six covers for the TMNT Microseries for IDW without a hitch. It wasn’t until issue #7, about April O’Neil, that many editorial changes come down.
He suspects that IDW and, therefore, Nickelodeon became aware of the potential of the franchise and were just erring on the side of caution, which he understood. This also the reason his proposal for his own TMNT stories got turned down; he still hopes to get a crack at it someday. Another thing he mentioned that he was personally assured by Kevin Eastman that all the leaked issues with the TMNT live-action film had been dealt with.
But now David is very ambivalent, if not outright disconcerted, with the casting of Megan Fox as April since he believes it totally misses the point of the character.
The point being… to sell toys! Don’t you know anythoing David?
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017