We discuss our anticipation for, and feelings about, two of this week’s hot new releases: Image Comics‘ Lost Vegas #1 by Jim McCann & Janet Lee and Oni Press‘ Helheim #1 by Cullen Bunn & Joëlle Jones. Did they live up to our expectations? Well, you’ll have to wait and see.
Then I chat with cartoonist Matt Seneca about his new Very Fine Comix line. We discuss comics criticism, where inspiration comes from, the realities of self-publishing, and share our mutual appreciation for the work of Robin Barnard (Images Degrading).
To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
Taylor Lilley Twitter: @capelessT
And if you want to buy Matt’s Very Fine Comix, you can find them right here: veryfinecomix.bigcartel.com
- White Noise In London – Paradiso and Void Trip Exhibition at Orbital Comics, With a Walkthrough From Ram V on Saturday - January 18, 2018
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018