We discuss our anticipation for, and feelings about, two of this week’s hot new releases: Image Comics‘ Lost Vegas #1 by Jim McCann & Janet Lee and Oni Press‘ Helheim #1 by Cullen Bunn & Joëlle Jones. Did they live up to our expectations? Well, you’ll have to wait and see.
Then I chat with cartoonist Matt Seneca about his new Very Fine Comix line. We discuss comics criticism, where inspiration comes from, the realities of self-publishing, and share our mutual appreciation for the work of Robin Barnard (Images Degrading).
To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
Taylor Lilley Twitter: @capelessT
And if you want to buy Matt’s Very Fine Comix, you can find them right here: veryfinecomix.bigcartel.com
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Supermans Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017