We discuss our anticipation for, and feelings about, two of this week’s hot new releases: Image Comics‘ Lost Vegas #1 by Jim McCann & Janet Lee and Oni Press‘ Helheim #1 by Cullen Bunn & Joëlle Jones. Did they live up to our expectations? Well, you’ll have to wait and see.
Then I chat with cartoonist Matt Seneca about his new Very Fine Comix line. We discuss comics criticism, where inspiration comes from, the realities of self-publishing, and share our mutual appreciation for the work of Robin Barnard (Images Degrading).
To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
Taylor Lilley Twitter: @capelessT
And if you want to buy Matt’s Very Fine Comix, you can find them right here: veryfinecomix.bigcartel.com
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017