We discuss our anticipation for, and feelings about, two of this week’s hot new releases: Image Comics‘ Lost Vegas #1 by Jim McCann & Janet Lee and Oni Press‘ Helheim #1 by Cullen Bunn & Joëlle Jones. Did they live up to our expectations? Well, you’ll have to wait and see.
Then I chat with cartoonist Matt Seneca about his new Very Fine Comix line. We discuss comics criticism, where inspiration comes from, the realities of self-publishing, and share our mutual appreciation for the work of Robin Barnard (Images Degrading).
To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
Taylor Lilley Twitter: @capelessT
And if you want to buy Matt’s Very Fine Comix, you can find them right here: veryfinecomix.bigcartel.com
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017