The BBC have announced a three day Doctor Who convention for November 22nd, 23rd and 24th this year. They’ll be setting up at the ExCeL centre in London’s docklands, down where the MCM Expo happens and, for all I know, lots of other things besides. Knitting conventions. Things for stamp collectors. Badger swapping.
There’s no clue on pricing, on guests or on what might actually happen, but with the BBC behind it, and with the timing landing on the day before, the day of and the day after the actual 50th anniversary of the show, I expect they’ll pull out at least most of the stops.
A word of warning, though. It may be possible for the convention to screen the 50th anniversary episode, should it be airing that weekend as it seems sensible to expect, but it will be just a little bit hard for them to screen it to a particularly high quality. There’s no cinema on site, for one thing.
I hope they throw all due resources at making this, or anything else they screen, look appropriately tasty.
More details when they’re announced.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014