January is typically a little quiet on the vintage comics scene. There’s still activity and a steady stream of sales, of course, but the highest profile auctions of the year usually end in late November to leave plenty of buffer for Christmas, and then everyone has a bit of a post-holiday spending hangover in the early weeks of the New Year.
But as we get into February, collector’s thoughts again turn eagerly towards their vintage comics collections. The major auctions kick off again, the more winter cold we put behind us the more the convention buying season ramps up, and we all start to wonder what the year will bring for our collections.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #3 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017
- Wonder Woman’s Iconic Moment: The Pre-History Of The Character As Revealed In The Wonder Woman Film - April 21, 2017
- IDW C2E2: Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, Walt Simonson, Bernie Wrightson, Star Wars, DuckTales, And Lots Of Other Good Stuff - April 21, 2017