In 2008, Garth Ennis changed the face of horror comics with the debut of Crossed. Having redefined the face of mature readers comics with his Punisher work at Marvel and Preacher series at Vertigo, fans were expecting something groundbreaking. And what they got was nothing short of a work that would prove to be his most extreme to date. Ennis painted a world in red that was inhabited by the worst possible human monsters taken to a degree hereto un-witnessed in the medium. In this apocalyptic scenario, a contagion has turned civilization into a degraded cesspool of violence, sadism, and uncontrolled impulses. Stripped away is the illusion of safety and civility. In its place are infected that have lost all control over the basest most vile urges of the human condition. And what is left are roaming mobs of infected that take great joy in murder, mutilation, rape, and sodomy. Simply put – if you haven’t read Crossed, you have not seen the human face of hell.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #3 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017