Jim Zub is loving the boost Skullkickers has gotten from the new #1s and will announce the last #1 title soon. He has sold out on his Phantom variants as of today, his copies anyway, and explained the #1 renumbering idea was something Image was a bit apprensive about but was in full support of him. They said “Diamond probably won’t like it” but the Diamond rep said it sounds great. What hasn’t been great is that all Diamond POS users have found that their normal subscribers don’t transfer oveer with each new title change making the book annoying for already existing orders. Also Jim was surprised to hear DC said they were still considering working with him. From Comic Book Resources:
Harras: Jim had a great pitch for “Birds Of Prey,” but as things came together in discussion and the creative churn, we all saw what Christy was doing on “Amethyst,” and we were looking at “Birds Of Prey” and internally and editorially we were thinking of taking it in a different direction. The decision was made that we were going to go in a different direction than what Jim had originally envisioned. We definitely, definitely want to continue working with Jim, but at this moment, we wanted to go in a particular direction. Bobbie started working with Jim months ago —
Chase: He’s a great writer. He’s a great idea guy, and I look forward to working with him again.
Jim was surprised when I brought this up, and wanted to know the source saying Bleeding Cool seemed likely. When I remembered it was Comic Book Resources and B&B he was surprised but confirmed as of right now he has no future work set up DC.
He hopes to have a new series ready to announce at San Diego, likely a sci-fi, and he has a horror series he needs to find a the right artist for. Also, since Skullworks does so well in trades a Image First is not planned at this time.
Zubkavich! Zubkavich! Zubkavich! “Zub” just doesn;t have the same ring.
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017