Mike Dringenberg is the co-creator of The Sandman, the DC comic he worked on, and is credited alongside Neil Gaiman and Sam Keith on every issue. So his signature on such items is often in demand.
And you might sometimes consider he’s a bit down on the whole signature game.
I was so stoked when I found out Mike Dringenberg was going to be at ECCC. Co-Creator of Death, designer of Desire – he is a huge part of the Sanman milieu.
I thought about cracking out my 9.8 #8 with Gaiman or my new #4 with Sam Kieth. But at the end of the day, with the dogpack handling my books, I figured it was easier to send a prepped raw book.
Thank god, I did not. Because here is what Mike Dringenberg did to my book:
It wasn’t for eBay… Sandfan has become Sadfan.
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017