Mike Dringenberg is the co-creator of The Sandman, the DC comic he worked on, and is credited alongside Neil Gaiman and Sam Keith on every issue. So his signature on such items is often in demand.
And you might sometimes consider he’s a bit down on the whole signature game.
I was so stoked when I found out Mike Dringenberg was going to be at ECCC. Co-Creator of Death, designer of Desire – he is a huge part of the Sanman milieu.
I thought about cracking out my 9.8 #8 with Gaiman or my new #4 with Sam Kieth. But at the end of the day, with the dogpack handling my books, I figured it was easier to send a prepped raw book.
Thank god, I did not. Because here is what Mike Dringenberg did to my book:
It wasn’t for eBay… Sandfan has become Sadfan.
- DC’s New Age of Heroes Continues to Churn Through the Artists Who Were Meant to be First - March 20, 2018
- So Who is Writing Harley Quinn Anyway? Christopher Sebela or Sam Humphries? Or Both? - March 20, 2018
- Mister Miracle to Mera – More Big Books from DC Comics for 2018 and 2019 - March 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics Editor Job Swap? Jordan White on X-Men, Mark Paniccia on Star Wars - March 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics Finally Publishes Dazzler One-Shot as Dazzler: X-Song - March 19, 2018