Bruce Timm, like many of us, was disappointed with Cartoon Network’s decision to not pick-up Green Lantern the Animated Series for second season since he said it was one the best things he’s ever worked on, and considering his career, that’s saying something. Anyway, I asked if it really came to down to the lack of merchandising sales, as Bleeding Cool had previously reported regarding Young Justice. He said yes. Since the Ryan Reynolds’ film, retailers were stuck with film merchandise that just wasn’t selling. This lead to those retailers being very reluctant, if not downright refusing, to any carry merchandise from the Animated Series. Therefore, a lack of sales on that front lead to a lack revenue for an admittedly expensive CG Series.
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017