Bruce Timm, like many of us, was disappointed with Cartoon Network’s decision to not pick-up Green Lantern the Animated Series for second season since he said it was one the best things he’s ever worked on, and considering his career, that’s saying something. Anyway, I asked if it really came to down to the lack of merchandising sales, as Bleeding Cool had previously reported regarding Young Justice. He said yes. Since the Ryan Reynolds’ film, retailers were stuck with film merchandise that just wasn’t selling. This lead to those retailers being very reluctant, if not downright refusing, to any carry merchandise from the Animated Series. Therefore, a lack of sales on that front lead to a lack revenue for an admittedly expensive CG Series.
- The New ‘Superboy Prime’ Look For Jonathan Kent? - November 16, 2018
- Green Lantern #2 Tops Advance Reorders – It Is To DIE For… - November 16, 2018
- Was Detective Comics Before Batman Cancelled Over Racial Concerns? - November 16, 2018
- Man Without Fear Without Danilo Beyruth? - November 16, 2018
- No Jar Jar Binks Chip Zdarsky Story For Star Wars: Age Of Republic? - November 16, 2018