Alyssa Pack writes from ECCC, where she talked to Charlie Adlard;
Although Adlard is an artist for one of the most popular comics on the market, the Skybound panel he appeared at was nearly empty. All of The Walking Dead fans were caught up in talking to the stars of the hit television show instead. Also the Emerald City Comicon schedule only advertised his signing booth as well. (The line was over two hours long.) So apparently all of The Walking Dead fans missed out on the many opportunities to get up close and personal with Adlard himself. Fortunately, Bleeding Cool did not.
Highlights of this interview were:
- Charlie Adlard is able to observe the success of The Walking Dead in the United Kingdom. It’s as popular over there as it is in the United States.
- Adlard is able to enjoy the popularity of The Walking Dead but he’s able to maintain his anonymity. Almost no one recognizes him when he is out in the public eye at home.
- Adlard does get attached to the characters that he draws but enjoys drawing their deaths in detail. The person he misses drawing the most? Probably Dale. The character he misses most overall? Abraham.
- He describes the new character, Ezekiel, as a very striking character that took a long time to perfect. “He is the only character related with The Walking Dead that can be described as being a stretch in terms of fitting into The Walking Dead universe”, according to Adlard.
- What keeps him interested in working on The Walking Dead? “Honestly? The characters”, says the artist.
- How does Adlard imagine The Walking Dead ending? He says that he wants it to end when it reaches a natural ending or starts losing its popularity. He wants there to be a definite ending, not just drift off and be forgotten.
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017