Consider that the salting necessary for what follows. It might be just what you need to bring out the really flavour.
So, Latino Review have started really humping out the Marvel movie rumours of late. There was a recent big story that saw them claim Marvel were planning a Planet Hulk film, but this was since disputed. They’ve now disputed that disputation, saying:
Where is the rule that says when a movie adapts a comic book it has to verbatim? Mark Ruffalo’s role in a Planet Hulk movie wouldn’t be reduced.
But that’s not answering the fullness of the first disputation, making this second disputation arguably – nay, disputably – rather weak, at least dissatisfying.
Still, that’s not necessarily the most interesting thing that Latino Review are offering us right now. Most interesting is probably one of these two things…
Former wrestler Dave Bautista is the other top candidate [for the role of Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy]. It’s between them two actors. Half want [Jason] Momoa who is holding out for a better deal, and the other half want Bautista who will next be seen in Universal’s Riddick.
Half of what?
Kevin Durand is in the mix for a role.
Groot would seem to be the most likely member of the Guardians team for Durand, followed by Rocket Raccoon – by which I mean, Star Lord is taken care of, Drax was dealt with already and I don’t think he’d make a very good Gamora.
He could also be in the frame for a non-team character… or not even in the frame at all.
At the very latest we’ll find out what’s going on with the Guardians cast when they all walk out on stage at Comic Con in San Diego this Summer. That much is inevitable, surely?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014