(right to left) Sana Amanet, Daniel Way, Jeanine Schaefer, Mark Waid, Sam Humphries, Matt Fraction, Cullen Bunn, Brian Posehn, Gerry Duggan and CB Cebulski in the middle on the ECCC CB Panel without any PR people present to stop them…
Recently a comics industry punter asked me what Marvel thought of the thread on Bleeding Cool in which people sell and trade digital codes from their print comics. I said that they didn’t seem worried when it had come up. They asked if they could quote me for an upcoming presentation. Clearly this is a thing. Today that took a step further.
At the Marvel Pint Of CB panel at ECCC, Hulk and Daredevil writer Mark Waid encouraged people who bought print comics to share and donate their free included digital codes to friends who didn’t read comics.
Selling, trading or donating digital codes may be in a grey area legally. Publishers don’t generally approve but they don’t seem to try and block them either. Everyone’s just feeling the situation out. But this could be taken as the closest you’ve got to semi-endorsement of the practice.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017