I like Kenneth Branagh a good deal and am rather fond of a number of his films but the shine really did go off of Disney’s Cinderella for me when Mark Romanek left the project. I know it’s just an illusion and that I’d be feeling interested had Branagh been the first director attached, so I’m trying to remain sensible, grounded and hopeful…
…even while Disney are negotiating with Emma Watson to take the lead role.
Watson was easily the most impressive actor of the three Harry Potter leads, at least at that age, but I don’t think she’s anything like as interesting as other contenders for the Cinderella role. Unfortonately, as Variety say, Imogen Poots and Alicia Vikander couldn’t be pinned down to star.
I wonder if Watson’s involvement with Cinderella would derail her plans to star in a Guillermo Del Toro-affiliated Beauty and the Beast?
There’s still a lot of mystery attached to this project. Some folk have suggested it will be contemporary, others that it will be a period film. I expect there will be a press release at the start of production to fill in the blanks.
Before then, though, there’s still a lot of roles to be cast. Let’s see how they handle the “ugly stepsister.”
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014