Every time Bryan Singer has been asked about the possibility of Halle Berry returning to reprise the role of Storm in his new X-Men movie, Days of Future Past, he’s told us the literal truth: she might be back, but it hasn’t been worked out yet. I must admit that I misread his comments, believing that Berry was out and Singer was being political. “Off camera” buzz about it being “far from certain” she’d return certainly coloured my expectations.
But it’s looking clearer now that it’s been illuminated from the other angle. A bit.
Shadow and Act have spoken to Berry and she’s made it clear that the plans really are to bring her back. Here’s how they put it:
She did confirm to me that she would be returning in the role. Most likely. Practically 90% sure. And she nodded a lot too.
I can’t say, and neither could she say that it’s definitely a done deal, and that the contracts have all been signed, with all the “i”s dotted and the “t”s crossed.
She told me that are a few details that are still being negotiated which she couldn’t get into. But since she did tell me that the film starts shooting in April, it’s highly unlikely that talks are going to suddenly and horribly fall apart at this point.
I don’t even know how to start speculating as to what details might still need negotiating. Zeroes on a paycheck or an all-purple M&Ms rider? Sequel clauses or something else entirely?
With Berry back in, I’m starting to think that Singer is working on getting the whole gang back together… with the possible exception of Famke Janssen, thanks to how The Last Stand played out.
Days of Future Past starts shooting in April.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014