Jason Clarke was the first human cast for Matt Reeves‘ Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, with Kodi Smit-McPhee following in short order. Now there’s a whole hat trick of humans, with Gary Oldman joining up too.
Coming Soon have learned that Oldman will be playing “the leader of a human colony” in the film. They have nothing else. I think it’s a shame he won’t be hairier.
Incidentally, Clarke was speaking about his Apes role to MTV and said:
I play a guy who’s trying to save humanity.
The… hero…? Or will that be Caesar? I’m curious to see how this all stacks up.
Clarke also said, during the same interview, that he’s signed on for Stephen Gaghan‘s Candy Store. It’s a deep cover cop story about a guy who goes under way too far, then tries to climb back out to became a humble beat cop in Brooklyn. Bad things ensue. Sounds promising.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014