So… here’s the short of it. John Moore is apparently working on his Director’s Cut of A Good Day To Die Hard. It was mentioned in an interview with Empire from… wow. A good while back. Weeks before the film was out, even.
There aren’t any details of what the cut will comprise, other than a 30% expansion for the car chase sequence. It already runs for something like 20 minutes, I believe. Does it need to be expanded? Well, if it’s expanded with good stuff, sure.
Moore says his cut will be “substantially longer” though I don’t have any idea what that means in real terms. I expect it may be ready in time for the film’s DVD and Blu-ray release and if it is, I doubt we’ll ever see the uncut theatrical version in the UK, with this Director’s Cut leapfrogging it. Might be for the best.
Either way, there’s not even a tentative release date for A Good Day to Die Hard on disc just yet, at least not publicly. Should you wish to see the film on the big screen, it’s still out there.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014