Five Weapons by Jimmie Robinson is totally and utterly Harry Potter with violence instead of magic. Oh and in America. There are five houses at the private school, each specialising in a different type of weapon. Sadly there’s no Sorting Hat, you have to choose yourself. We have a Harry, we have a Hermione and there’s a couple of candidates for a Ron too.
Oh and their Dumbledore is really rubbish.
Young Avengers takes a trip around its very nature as a comic book and I like it. We have portals that look like panels that you walk through and places like this to capture you and the only way to get out is to walk around your very reality. Super.
A heterosexual kiss in X-Treme X-Men? How very disappointing.
Death’s Head in Avenging Spider-Man suddenly makes it a completely awesome comic. I mean for FF and Superior Spider-Man readers it’s already essential. But Death’s Head? And the Time Variance Authority? Is someone channeling Walter Simonson all of a sudden?
Uncanny X-Men cutaway! Yay! But would you really be happy eating in the cafeteria with the knowledge there’s all that Shi’Ar Danger Room material hanging above your head?
Looks like Deadman prefers the Vertigo version of John Constantine too.
From the final page of Batman Inc #8… they’ve been using these little bozes on the bottom of the last page for some time… but no more fitting than now. After all, that’s where Batman was trapped for so long.
Hawkeye gets slut shamed.
And Prophet shows off his skill at onomatopoeic sound effects.
So what did you read today?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Telepathetic #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 23, 2018