I haven’t seen a lot of fuss about this. And chatting with big Alan More fans at London Super Comic Con realised that a fair few people hadn’t actuyally realised. But yes, there’s a new done-in-one League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic, Nemo: Heart Of Ice out this week in the US and next week in the UK.
This is how Bleeding Cool first reviewed it last month;
Because even a comparatively straightforward story like this one is enhanced by Moore’s mastery of the medium, making use of the kind of tricks that only comics are capable of. My favourite technique that the book uses is probably the (intentionally) jarring sequence in which Janni and her crew suffer from a fractured perception of the passage of time. Panels appear out of sequence, are sometimes repeated, and frequently lack the connecting tissue that would be necessary for us to be able to make sense of what is transpiring in the story. Not only does this encourage us to empathise with the disorientation suffered by the characters, but it also stretches the mechanism through which comics come to life (that is, the reader being able to fill in the gaps between panels to create a flowing story) way past breaking point. Think Watchmen #4, but scarier and more unhinged.
And these are the first three pages we showed off. Including, as was pointed out at the time, a certain Citizen Kane.
Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill are doing a signing at Gosh Comics, in London when the comic is published.
In fact Alan will actually be there tonight for another signing….
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017
- Dynamite Launches The Sovereigns #0 With Turok, Magnus, Solar, Doctor Spektor For $1, With Ray Fawkes, Chuck Wendig, Aubrey Sitterson and Johnny Desjardins - January 24, 2017
- Full Marvel Comics Solicitations For April 2017 – Beginnings… And Endings - January 24, 2017
- Phoenix Comicon To Pay All Staff, And Give Free Passes For Those Who Miss Out - January 24, 2017
- Chapel Hill Comics In North Carolina To Close - January 24, 2017