There are spoilers for this last week’s Legion Of Superheroes below And a rumour about their future shape. Be warned going in, there be spoilers. Arrr.
I understand that the makeup of the Legion Of Superheroes maybe undergoing a change shortly. That this ever expanding crew may be shrinking, in line with its original inspiration. In classic continuity, the Legion were inspired by the adventure of Superboy. That may be changing.
In the Legion Of Superheroes #18, we find the apparently deceased Sun Boy, portrayed in a fashion that doesn’t leave much room for doubt. This is one of the two issues that Keith Giffen worked on with Paul Levitz before he jumped ship (and even gets lead billing in the issue’s credits) and he does seem to have left his mark.
But just as the Justice League Of America have modelled and matched themselves to the Justice League, a counterpart for each, so the 31st Century Legion Of Superheroes will also begin to model themselves on the 21st century Justice League. A counterpart for each. A League Of Superheroes.
Start guessing who now. Though probably, just saying, not Sun Boy.
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017
- You’d Have Gotten An Exiles #125 With Marvel Legacy If It Wasn’t for Those Pesky Kids - July 25, 2017
- Jorge Molina And RB Silva Join Charles Soule On Astonishing X-Men? - July 25, 2017
- Hang On, Why Am I Being Asked To Preview Tomorrow’s Pitiful Human Lizard #14? - July 25, 2017