There are spoilers for this last week’s Legion Of Superheroes below And a rumour about their future shape. Be warned going in, there be spoilers. Arrr.
I understand that the makeup of the Legion Of Superheroes maybe undergoing a change shortly. That this ever expanding crew may be shrinking, in line with its original inspiration. In classic continuity, the Legion were inspired by the adventure of Superboy. That may be changing.
In the Legion Of Superheroes #18, we find the apparently deceased Sun Boy, portrayed in a fashion that doesn’t leave much room for doubt. This is one of the two issues that Keith Giffen worked on with Paul Levitz before he jumped ship (and even gets lead billing in the issue’s credits) and he does seem to have left his mark.
But just as the Justice League Of America have modelled and matched themselves to the Justice League, a counterpart for each, so the 31st Century Legion Of Superheroes will also begin to model themselves on the 21st century Justice League. A counterpart for each. A League Of Superheroes.
Start guessing who now. Though probably, just saying, not Sun Boy.
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017