There are spoilers for this last week’s Legion Of Superheroes below And a rumour about their future shape. Be warned going in, there be spoilers. Arrr.
I understand that the makeup of the Legion Of Superheroes maybe undergoing a change shortly. That this ever expanding crew may be shrinking, in line with its original inspiration. In classic continuity, the Legion were inspired by the adventure of Superboy. That may be changing.
In the Legion Of Superheroes #18, we find the apparently deceased Sun Boy, portrayed in a fashion that doesn’t leave much room for doubt. This is one of the two issues that Keith Giffen worked on with Paul Levitz before he jumped ship (and even gets lead billing in the issue’s credits) and he does seem to have left his mark.
But just as the Justice League Of America have modelled and matched themselves to the Justice League, a counterpart for each, so the 31st Century Legion Of Superheroes will also begin to model themselves on the 21st century Justice League. A counterpart for each. A League Of Superheroes.
Start guessing who now. Though probably, just saying, not Sun Boy.
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Changes Title of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018