There are spoilers for this last week’s Legion Of Superheroes below And a rumour about their future shape. Be warned going in, there be spoilers. Arrr.
I understand that the makeup of the Legion Of Superheroes maybe undergoing a change shortly. That this ever expanding crew may be shrinking, in line with its original inspiration. In classic continuity, the Legion were inspired by the adventure of Superboy. That may be changing.
In the Legion Of Superheroes #18, we find the apparently deceased Sun Boy, portrayed in a fashion that doesn’t leave much room for doubt. This is one of the two issues that Keith Giffen worked on with Paul Levitz before he jumped ship (and even gets lead billing in the issue’s credits) and he does seem to have left his mark.
But just as the Justice League Of America have modelled and matched themselves to the Justice League, a counterpart for each, so the 31st Century Legion Of Superheroes will also begin to model themselves on the 21st century Justice League. A counterpart for each. A League Of Superheroes.
Start guessing who now. Though probably, just saying, not Sun Boy.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017