Dan Hart writes;
1) There are something you can (hopefully) only hear at comic conventions, such as:
“I hooked up with Captain America last night”
“Oh, World War 2 Cap.”
Apologies for scandalising you gentle reader but I felt I had to share.
2) The creators who have also attended Thought Bubble felt the addition of an all-in, creators, traders and attendees party, after Day 1, would have been a welcome addition to the LSCC programme. I’m inclined to agree, an official social would have really gone down a treat. It’s certainly one of Thought Bubble’s highlights.
3) J Scott Campbell got to meet Stacey Rebecca, the model who famously recreated his “My God, that pose is impossible” Amazing Spider-Man #601 cover:
4) Creators are very game for wearing hats. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you The London Super Comic Con Fezaplaooza 2013…
Storm Dogs creators David Hine and Doug Braithwaite (Read this book it’s REALLY good)
Amazing Spider-Man writer and cover artist extraordinaire, Dynamo Dan Slott, the one-man signature machine and Adi Granov
Crossed – Wish You Were Here and X-Men Legacy writer Si Spurrier
Young Avengers & Phonogram tag team, Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie
2000AD & Doctor Who alum, Mike Collins
British anime artist Destiny Blue
The nicest man in comics; Fables’ Mark Buckingham
Gary Erskine, without his real-life Roller Girls
And Kid Loki, I couldn’t see Ikol though.
4.1) Adi Granov invented the concept of a fez condom, popping a beanie on before the fez, to avoid any comic creator cross-contamination.
5) The price variations on back issues, between traders, was significant. In one case a book that was £12 at one stand, was £24 at another and £36 at another! I wonder how many traders took home more stock than they expected?
6) While Day 1 was almost frenzied at times, Day 2 was a much more sedate, but still busy, affair. The Batman panel was well-received but I think next year a second panel area with off-set times might be a good move to keep momentum going..
7) Midtown Comics were attending from NYC and had a good response. Expect to see them back with a much bigger stand next year.
8) Catering at the Excel hasn’t improved. I knew I should have packed sandwiches.
9) A discussion about Whedon’s kill-happy penmanship, between Gillen, Irving and a Masters student (Writing her thesis on Journey Into Mystery), included her comparing Wash’s death in Serenity to Mercutio’s in Romeo & Juliet quite convincingly.
10) Image are producing a hardcover edition of Infinite Vacation, this will include the gatefolds and be a similar size to the annual Walking Dead volumes. Nice…
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017
- You’d Have Gotten An Exiles #125 With Marvel Legacy If It Wasn’t for Those Pesky Kids - July 25, 2017
- Jorge Molina And RB Silva Join Charles Soule On Astonishing X-Men? - July 25, 2017
- Hang On, Why Am I Being Asked To Preview Tomorrow’s Pitiful Human Lizard #14? - July 25, 2017