The Minister of Industry and Commerce:
After looking at Law number 35 of the year 2012 concerning the protection of consumers, and more closely at article 16 of the law;
And building upon the request of the Ministry of Interior;
And taking into account the public’s safety;
And building on the suggestion of the secretary to the ministry of Trade;
The following has been decided:
It is prohibited to import the “Revolution Mask” or anything similar to it that conceals the face.
It is up to the secretary of the Ministry of Trade as well as all who specialize in the kingdom’s ports – each with their own jurisdiction – to execute this decision and to do so beginning at the date of its publication and to publish it in official newspapers.
Minister of Industry and Commerce,
Hassan Bin-Abdallah Fakhro
The “Revolution” mask is the Guy Fawkes mask, popularised by Anonymous, Occupy and the Arab Spring based on its appearance in the V For Vendetta movie and original design in the V For Vendetta comic by David Lloyd.
And once again, life imitates art.
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017