The BBC have reported the death of production designer Ray Cusick at the age of 84.
The most famous and enduring of Cusick’s creations are the Daleks, which rank amongst the best bits of design in the history of television. They showcase both imagination and great craft, and I honestly believe that the look of the Dalek race has played a major part in the Doctor Who‘s ongoing popularity, definitely its pop icon status.
In this video, you’ll see Cusick visit the BBC props department, look over the Daleks and talk about their creation. It’s a must-watch for any fans of the Doctor.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. For me, Cusick made one of the greatest contributions in the history of the show. I hope to see him recognised. I wish he’d be here with us to enjoy the celebrations.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014