She’s pretty, she’s talented, she always shows up on shortlists for major roles so she’s definitely on Hollywood’s radar, yet no one else seems to care much what Australian actress Emily Browning is up to.
I try to keep tabs on Browning, and recently wrote up that she had been cast in the female lead role in Paul W. S. Anderson’s next film, Pompeii at my other gig. Even The Toronto Star originally only mentioned this bit of news in passing as part of a larger article about the film’s production, and to my recollection no other outlets have cared to pick it up.
In any case, Browning has been cast as the dream girl of a slave gladiator named Milo, who will be played by Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington. Theirs is a star-crossed love, because on top of being in different social classes and therefore forbidden to marry, Mt. Vesuvius is about to erupt and maybe kill everyone, including the two of them. Filming begins in April.
Browning also has a “surprise” role in Andrew Niccol’s alien invasion flick The Host, but other than some incensed fans of the book who felt it was too much of a spoiler to reveal her identity, it seems no one really cares about that either.
What’s it going to take for people to start caring about Emily Browning? Well, I guess finally landing one of those major roles she’s always up for would probably help.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015