So much for my suspicions that the Iron Man 3 character posters would work as piece of a larger picture. This one breaks the patterns entirely. It also pretty much breaks the fourth wall. Stop staring at me.
Note how all of the trappings have Chinese roots? That’s interesting. The Mandarin really didn’t seem one half as Mandarin in the trailers. There’s been a similar image of him released before, though – see below. There’s definitely a “Mandarin message” they’re trying to get across. With or without glasses, with or without Chinese stylings.
The poster premiered at Empire.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014