There are spoilers for Justice League Of America #1 and for Justice League #17 here. Two for the price of one.
As Steve Trevor states in the new Justice League Of America #1 – Amanda Waller hasn’t been putting people together in her new government sanctioned team – but powers. And then lays them out directly. One intended to match every member on the Justice League’s team, like a professional football coach, analysing the opponents and arranging someone to block them. There’s even a diagram.
Blimey, it’s like we’re in a Jonathan Hickman comic or something. Can Katana really take down a demi-god? Would anyone else dare?
With Boom’s Deathmatch, Image’s America’s Got Powers and Marvel’s Avengers Arena, there seems to be something in this set-em-up-and-knock-em-down idea percolating through superhero comics right now.
And of course, as Justce League #1 shows us, it’s not just the good guys who are doing it…
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017