A few comics I found myself reading today…
ANOTHER BRICK IN THE FOURTH WALL
I always like it when characters say exactly what I’ve been thinking for the last few pages. Like in today’s Crossed Annual in which Si Spurrier basically writes a Garth Ennis comic on a variety of entertaining hallucinogens.
IT NEVER GETS OLD
While Sage gives us that first kiss we’d been looking for. And what happens when a little bit of a baby drops off. We’ve all been there.
FIRED FROM THE GODS
All the lessons of Prometheus, Frankenstein, Jekyll and Hyde that informed the birth and the life experiences of Dr Bruce Banner have just been ignored haven’t they?
SOME DAYS IT’S HARD TO BE A FIRESTORM
See, that’s what happens when superhero teams have too many members, Justice League. They get in each other’s way. Are you sure you want to increase membership?
Man, I hate those screen savers that people leave on your helmet.
BACK TO THE FUTURE OF NOVA
Say isn’t that Principal Strickland from Back To The Future? He does have a thing for skateboards. But Nova #1 is an interesting take on the Spider-Man/Batman origin – what if instead of not having parents, our hero had really bad parents? And one of them actually used to be Nova? It’s a remarkably good start…
MUDD IN YOUR CONTINUITY
Okay, so in Star Trek: Countdown To Darkness… Mudd is female, not male… and is a Bajoran? Possibly one of his many androids? Is that why her jewelry is on the wrong ear?
MUD EVERYWHERE ELSE
While Frank Cho, on Savage Wolverine #1, gives its readers exactly what they want. Shanna taking a mud slide…
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017