A few comics I found myself reading today…
ANOTHER BRICK IN THE FOURTH WALL
I always like it when characters say exactly what I’ve been thinking for the last few pages. Like in today’s Crossed Annual in which Si Spurrier basically writes a Garth Ennis comic on a variety of entertaining hallucinogens.
IT NEVER GETS OLD
While Sage gives us that first kiss we’d been looking for. And what happens when a little bit of a baby drops off. We’ve all been there.
FIRED FROM THE GODS
All the lessons of Prometheus, Frankenstein, Jekyll and Hyde that informed the birth and the life experiences of Dr Bruce Banner have just been ignored haven’t they?
SOME DAYS IT’S HARD TO BE A FIRESTORM
See, that’s what happens when superhero teams have too many members, Justice League. They get in each other’s way. Are you sure you want to increase membership?
Man, I hate those screen savers that people leave on your helmet.
BACK TO THE FUTURE OF NOVA
Say isn’t that Principal Strickland from Back To The Future? He does have a thing for skateboards. But Nova #1 is an interesting take on the Spider-Man/Batman origin – what if instead of not having parents, our hero had really bad parents? And one of them actually used to be Nova? It’s a remarkably good start…
MUDD IN YOUR CONTINUITY
Okay, so in Star Trek: Countdown To Darkness… Mudd is female, not male… and is a Bajoran? Possibly one of his many androids? Is that why her jewelry is on the wrong ear?
MUD EVERYWHERE ELSE
While Frank Cho, on Savage Wolverine #1, gives its readers exactly what they want. Shanna taking a mud slide…
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017