UPDATE: Before running the story below, I spent several days talking, or trying to talk to involved parties. While some confirmed central aspects of the piece, the central figures weren’t commenting. I did talk to Jonathan Glapion but he chose not to comment at the time.
Yesterday, I ran the story below. Today, Jonathan Glapion tweeted;
— Jonathan Glapion (@jonathanglapion) February 20, 2013
The original, now contradicted story, runs below.
What doesn’t happen is the way people find out about it.
I’m was told by high level industry sources that Jonathan Glapion was accidentally cc’ed in on an e-mail discussing Danny Miki coming on board and which pages to send him.
At the time I’m told Glapion was waiting for said pages and didn’t know he would be getting them. Well, that was one way to find out. That keeping it from Glapion was probably to spare his feelings until he could be told at the right time, but the error made it much worse.
No involved party, nor DC press or publicity chose to comment, confirm or deny. Glapion is a widely admired inker however, especially considering his run on Batman to date, and it is likely he will be snapped up sharpish.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017