UPDATE: Before running the story below, I spent several days talking, or trying to talk to involved parties. While some confirmed central aspects of the piece, the central figures weren’t commenting. I did talk to Jonathan Glapion but he chose not to comment at the time.
Yesterday, I ran the story below. Today, Jonathan Glapion tweeted;
— Jonathan Glapion (@jonathanglapion) February 20, 2013
The original, now contradicted story, runs below.
What doesn’t happen is the way people find out about it.
I’m was told by high level industry sources that Jonathan Glapion was accidentally cc’ed in on an e-mail discussing Danny Miki coming on board and which pages to send him.
At the time I’m told Glapion was waiting for said pages and didn’t know he would be getting them. Well, that was one way to find out. That keeping it from Glapion was probably to spare his feelings until he could be told at the right time, but the error made it much worse.
No involved party, nor DC press or publicity chose to comment, confirm or deny. Glapion is a widely admired inker however, especially considering his run on Batman to date, and it is likely he will be snapped up sharpish.
- Petition for Geoff Johns to Make the Joker Gay “Again” - January 22, 2018
- Steve Geppi to Give the Keynote Speech at Diamond’s 2018 Retailer Summit – What Will He Say About 2017? - January 22, 2018
- Cable Artist Jon Malin on Nazis, Marvel, SJWs, X-Men… and Shell Beach - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018