UPDATE: Before running the story below, I spent several days talking, or trying to talk to involved parties. While some confirmed central aspects of the piece, the central figures weren’t commenting. I did talk to Jonathan Glapion but he chose not to comment at the time.
Yesterday, I ran the story below. Today, Jonathan Glapion tweeted;
— Jonathan Glapion (@jonathanglapion) February 20, 2013
The original, now contradicted story, runs below.
What doesn’t happen is the way people find out about it.
I’m was told by high level industry sources that Jonathan Glapion was accidentally cc’ed in on an e-mail discussing Danny Miki coming on board and which pages to send him.
At the time I’m told Glapion was waiting for said pages and didn’t know he would be getting them. Well, that was one way to find out. That keeping it from Glapion was probably to spare his feelings until he could be told at the right time, but the error made it much worse.
No involved party, nor DC press or publicity chose to comment, confirm or deny. Glapion is a widely admired inker however, especially considering his run on Batman to date, and it is likely he will be snapped up sharpish.
- Black Mask Creators Talk The Benefits Of Comics At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- The Young Justice: Outsiders, Revealed – Could This Be Their First Gay Member? - July 21, 2017
- More ComiXology Exclusive Marvel Comics To Come After ‘Iron Fists’ - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Retailer Exclusives Given Away At San Diego Comic-Con Today - July 21, 2017
- Deborah Watling, Victoria In Doctor Who, Dies At 69 - July 21, 2017