Bob Mortimer this morning tweeted:
Today rehearse new sitcom “Fuck This House” …
The tweet didn’t last long, but Chortle caught it.
They go on to say that the show in question is a new BBC show, officially known only as The Vic and Bob Sitcom. Personally, I’ll be sticking with Mortimer’s title for now.
As well as Vic and Bob the show is going to feature Dan Renton Skinner, Matt Berry, Morgana Robinson, Dylan Edwards and Daniel Simonsen. Skinner is better known in the guise of Angelos Epithemou.
Reeves and Mortimer were previously working on a film that Vic* described as:
…about a hotel and some people trying to make a hotel work… it’s going to be nothing like Fawlty Towers, it’s going to be more like a Mike Leigh film.
Their first sitcom to go to series was Catterick, back in 2004, and that too was originally conceived as a film. It’s also amongst the most interesting things Vic and Bob ever did. Here’s a favourite clip from that:
Whatever Vic and Bob are up to, I’m sure it will be another quality Reeves and Mortimer project.
Filming on the pilot is set to take place next month and if you want to apply for tickets you’re probably too late but can give it a go via Twitter.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014