As well his pulpy adventure pic Agent 13, in development with Charlize Theron, he also has a big-screen version of Sebastian Faulks‘ World War I drama Bird Song on the cards. This was filmed for the BBC with Eddie Redmayne last year, but there’s always room for an American funded, studio take, right? Wyatt’s movie will see Nicholas Hoult in the lead role.
And there’s now also The Equalizer with Denzel Washington.
Deadline say that the film is only “loosely based” on the original TV series, which is possibly a good thing. I like Edward Woodward as much as the next man but that show really wasn’t his finest hour.
The report also comments on how modestly budgeted the picture will be with Denzel Washington said to be set for a $20 million payout, the total budget coming to just $50 million. Yeah, that’s modest these days.
Wyatt’s other projects may prevent him from taking on this gig, but it’s being worked out and if the studios can shake hands and make friends, it should be within reach.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014