The Hollywood Reporter broke news of Clarke’s deal but don’t know who he’ll be playing. I assume it’s a human, though he may yet turn out to be an orangutang, chimp or gibbon. Perhaps. Not likely.
There’s not a lot of news on what the film will actually be about, though it’s set some fifteen years after Rise – the Apes like to Rise before Dawn, apparently. Caesar is to feature heavily again, as he fights to maintain control of his Monkey Rome, and there’s also said to be a:
group of human scientists who are struggling to survive alone in San Francisco.
What will the ape revolution look like fifteen years down the road? In fact, the big question might be what will it sound like? My guess is that these apes are going to speak.
I’ll also take the bet that there’s one called Brutus.
Production is set to start in the spring.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014