Aaron Haaland writes;
Hey Fandom! It’s me, Aaron for A Comic Show’s New Comics Now!
This week is an overload of stuff I like; superheroes, creator owned, and even something French! Marvel Now’s Nova #1 was actually…good. Seriously, I explain in detail my misgivings with both Loeb and missing Rich Rider, but I still enjoyed the book! I’m putting my money where my review is locally by offering it half off in my shop. Superior Spidey continues to impress and Fialkov made me like an Alpha book (after hating him in ASM). DC’s big deal books were Justice League of America #1 and the League’s New Vibe both by Geoff Johns. I don’t spoil the end of Vibe and the relevance of his book, but it’s big. Sure Vibe starts off all hoodies and Skittles, but I’m digging how his powers work in the New 52. Also, this league is extremely eclectic, but the reason is every character is a counter balance to one of the main seven of the unpatriotic Justice League book. We got a new Saga, and that always makes my Wednesday (Tuesday). Revival continues to impress and it now has the backing of the Phantom variant retailer cadre. GI Joe is relaunched (again), but it’s by Van Lente so it has my attention. If Friendship is Magic, why is Twilight Sparkle going solo? And, I loved District 14 by Humaniods. Yes it’s French, but it’s set in early 20th century America and is a Dick Tracy/Babar mash-up! Oh, and Jeff Smith liked it. He has great taste, right?
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017