University tutor and doctroral candidate Christy Blanch is launching a new course, Gender Through Comic Books, available free to everyone online. A bit like the Open University, but for comics. And with speakers such as Brian K. Vaughan, Mark Waid, Scott Snyder, Matt Fraction, Brian Bendis and Gail Simone, access to existing interviews with Bendis, Fraction, Jason Aaron, Dan Slott, Jonathan Hickman and more, and access to live weekly interviews with Vaughan, Snyder, Simone, Terry Moore, Steve Wacker, Sana Amanat and Waid, which you can also interact with.
You can sign up here. Mark Waid especially recommends “it’s worth enrolling just to watch Bendis and Hickman alone struggle with the question, “Who, in your opinion, is the most masculine comic book character?””
Waid is very excited about the whole affair and asks that people not only register but repost and retweet the link. Well okay, I’ll give that a go… and… done.
Oh, and talking of Waid…
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017