Better respected for his role on Game of Thrones than his “star turn” as Conan the Barbarian, Jason Momoa is now rumoured to have won a role in the Marvel Movieverse. That needle keeps on moving in the right direction. Maybe he’ll be governor of California someday.
According to Latino Review, Momoa was given a screen test for the role Drax the Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy just this week and has subsequently been offered the role. I don’t imagine he’d turn it down.
In the comics Drax originated as Arthur Douglas, a human in a different, less Men’s Health body so, assuming his origin is going to feature in the film there might be a little more casting for the part to come. Either that or some Steve Rogers weaklingisation, maybe?
UPDATE: Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Momoa has tested, yes, but hasn’t been given an offer. Yet?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014