Previously, we heard that Harrison Ford had a particular plan for Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII. Just as he’d originally wanted for Return of the Jedi, Ford was looking to get Solo killed off.
That’s gratitude for you. Or maybe he just wants the big funeral with all that fanfare.
Harrison Ford will be happy to reprise the role of Han Solo, pending the confirmation of script and director. He may well be asking for the character to be killed off, however, just as he originally wanted to happen in Return of the Jedi.
Ultimately, the death clause seems to be less important than script and director approval. But perhaps Ford has settled for as little as one out of the three conditions as, according to Latino Review, he’s now fully signed on and committed to appear.
So, we don’t know if Solo is up for the chop, and we don’t know if the script is done yet, but we do know that JJ Abrams is on board. That may have been enough.
Ford and Abrams have history, having respectively starred in and written Mike Nichols Regarding Henry. That film gave me my first exposure to Abrams – I remember seeing him on BBC 2’s Talking Pictures as part of a feature on amnesia in the movies. “Who’s this kid?”
It seems that Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will also make some of appearance in the next Star Wars film, though nobody has stuck up their hand to say that’s a done deal. Yet.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014