Chris Thompson writes;
To celebrate the launch of Orbital Comics‘ new Mike Diana exhibition (with a private viewing happening right now) we’d like to draw your attention to this insightful podcast special we recorded with Mike when he was in London last year.
Mike Diana was the first ever artist to receive a criminal conviction for obscenity for his artwork in the United States of America, which resulted in a short prison stay, and was heavily covered everywhere from major newspapers to Wizard magazine.
He speaks candidly to Chris and Karl about the events surrounding his arrest, the long-term effects on his life and work, and where his drive to create comes from. This is a rare opportunity to hear from an incredible talent who has endured great hardship for his art.
If you’ve never heard Mike Diana’s story before, then this is the best way to hear it … directly from him.
- Andy Weir On Why ‘Wonder Woman’ Sets Little Girls Up For Disappointment - July 23, 2017
- Sneak Peek Of The Legend Of Korra: Turf Wars Part 1 At SDCC – And Part 2 Announced! - July 23, 2017
- MacKenzie Cadenhead To Write Disney Spider-Man Book ‘Deck The Malls!’, With Christmas Venom - July 23, 2017
- Women Of Marvel Panel At SDCC: Rainbow Rowell’s Runaways Has The Same Plot As The Country Bears Movie - July 23, 2017
- Bringing Back Longshot, And More From The Marvel ResurrXion Panel At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017