Chris Thompson writes;
To celebrate the launch of Orbital Comics‘ new Mike Diana exhibition (with a private viewing happening right now) we’d like to draw your attention to this insightful podcast special we recorded with Mike when he was in London last year.
Mike Diana was the first ever artist to receive a criminal conviction for obscenity for his artwork in the United States of America, which resulted in a short prison stay, and was heavily covered everywhere from major newspapers to Wizard magazine.
He speaks candidly to Chris and Karl about the events surrounding his arrest, the long-term effects on his life and work, and where his drive to create comes from. This is a rare opportunity to hear from an incredible talent who has endured great hardship for his art.
If you’ve never heard Mike Diana’s story before, then this is the best way to hear it … directly from him.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018