This is how the Occupy Comics Kickstarter was pitched;
An Occupy Wall Street-inspired comics anthology, created by pros contributing their pay to support the occupiers through winter.
“We are not looking at these things as treatments for movies, but we do want to engage in transmedia-world building,” said Pizzolo.
The delayed publication of the Kickstarter-funded Occupy Comics Anthology is being used to launch new comics publisher from Steve Niles, Brett Gurewitz and Matt Pizzolo, Black Mask Studios in May.
Announced on The Hollywood Reporter but not mentioned on today’s Occupy Comics Kickstarter update, as well as the first issue of the Occupy Comics Anthology in May, projects include 12 Reasons To Die from RZA and Ghostface Killah, told in both comics and in music and timed to be published alongside the new Ghostface Killah album, with Riley Rossmo and Tim Seeley on art.
Followed in June by Liberator by Matt Miner and Joel Gomez, focusing on animal cruelty and vigilantism, with profits going towards related causes, and Ballistic by Darick Robertson and Adam Egypt Mortimer, a surreal buddy comic about a man and his gun…
Should make for an interesting May…
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017