This is how the Occupy Comics Kickstarter was pitched;
An Occupy Wall Street-inspired comics anthology, created by pros contributing their pay to support the occupiers through winter.
“We are not looking at these things as treatments for movies, but we do want to engage in transmedia-world building,” said Pizzolo.
The delayed publication of the Kickstarter-funded Occupy Comics Anthology is being used to launch new comics publisher from Steve Niles, Brett Gurewitz and Matt Pizzolo, Black Mask Studios in May.
Announced on The Hollywood Reporter but not mentioned on today’s Occupy Comics Kickstarter update, as well as the first issue of the Occupy Comics Anthology in May, projects include 12 Reasons To Die from RZA and Ghostface Killah, told in both comics and in music and timed to be published alongside the new Ghostface Killah album, with Riley Rossmo and Tim Seeley on art.
Followed in June by Liberator by Matt Miner and Joel Gomez, focusing on animal cruelty and vigilantism, with profits going towards related causes, and Ballistic by Darick Robertson and Adam Egypt Mortimer, a surreal buddy comic about a man and his gun…
Should make for an interesting May…
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017