You likely remember the rumours that Jason Statham was going to appear in Fast and Furious 6, taking on the villain’s role. It didn’t happen. Except it did.
Apparently, Statham has been cast as the big brother of Luke Evans character. Evans is the big bad of part 6, and a scene at the end of the film introduces Statham, all in set up for part 7.
Ain’t It Cool have a fussy description of the reveal scene but here’s the crux: Statham shows up in a scene taking place in the middle of Tokyo Drift, smashes up a car and then calls Vin Diesel‘s character with a threat.
Part 7 will no doubt recount his attempt to deliver on this unspecific threat.
We had heard that parts 6 and 7 would be interlinked, now we know how.
I’d be curious to know if Statham was ever intended for a larger role in 6. This seems like a good solution to his not being available. Relatively speaking anyhow.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014