We reported last week on the large number of reorders it was receiving from retailers. It seems that because the comic was to be serialised digitally before it was published in print, that retailers knocked down orders on the print version. Also, it was a spinoff of a computer game, and they never sell either.
Then as news of the content of that first issue (which we also covered in spoileriffic detail) came through, suddenly the print demand rocketed.
Which is now why the comic is going to a second print for the first issue and retailers are being encouraged to up the orders on the subsequent issues.
Many retailers have spoken out how digital distribution will hurt print sales. It seems hard to argue with that in the long run. But right now? With evidence of the New 52, the MarvelDCU and more, it really seems to be the opposite.
It also may help that Injustice: Gods Among Us is also really good. Especially the current digital issue, with the amazing double act of Green Arrow and Harley Quinn and a tone that I haven’t seen of late outside of Wolverine And The X-Men.
I can’t spoil the last panel, I just can’t. But it’s wonderful. Whatever you think it is, it’s better.
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017