Some of the earliest Death Of The Family crossover comics didn’t really deserve the livery splashed across their covers. The Joker just turned up at the end saying “hello” or “have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight” or whatever.
And now, after we’ve had Batman #17’s epic conclusion with a Death Of The Family Dinner, is that it? All finished? No, not quite.
Because Batman And Robin has no crossover tag on its cover. Yet inside… it’s everything to do with the story. The three main characters, Bruce Wayne, Alfred Pennyworth and Damian Wayne, asleep. And dreaming.
Elements such as the threat of water in Death Of The Family are revisited here in dreams as Batman gets to hunt his great white whale as Ahab did. Damian view himself and those around him, echoing aspects of Batman Inc as well. And Alfred Pennyworth has what is destined to be a classic moment. There will be tattoos from this. Nothing happens in this comic. Yet everything happens.
Basically if you stopped at Batman #17, you missed the story’s proper ending. And it’s also out today.
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017