I don’t know how it was done, but a hacker seems to have accessed the CW affiliate and KRTV in Montana to broadcast a Zombie Emergency Warning.
During shows broadcast on Monday night the emergency broadcast system kicked in to tell the public that the zombie apocalypse was underway and the dead were rising from their graves.
Here’s how it looked on the CW.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc60XPCXrh8
And here’s how it looked on KRTV.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7pNAhENBV4
The text of the warning read:
Civil authorities in your area have reported that the bodies of the dead are rising from their graves and attacking the living. Follow the messages onscreen that will be updated as information become available. Do not attempt to approach or apprehend these bodies as they are considered extremely dangerous.
As far as pranks go, it’s a pretty funny one though, according to Deadline, some viewers were concerned enough to call the cops. Oops. I do hope nobody particularly vulnerable was caught out.
I also hope we don’t get any copycat cases because that’s just going to lead to a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation. I’ve just made a promise to myself to always take zombie warnings seriously, no matter how many fakes come along. Our loud. On this crowded coach.
I imagine the legal penalty for the hacking will be pretty steep. This is a federal system that got hacked and those need to at least seem secure, eh?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014