Another little win for the Netflix original programming drive has seen the streaming service schedule Turbo F.A.S.T for December. This is going to be the spin-off series from their upcoming racing snail picture, Turbo. The F.A.S.T bit stands for Fast Action Stunt Team.
The number of episodes hasn’t been announced, nor if they’ll all premiere at once, as with House of Cards, Arrested Development and so on.
I’m looking forward to the film as it’s the third sports picture from Robert Siegel, writer of The Wrestler and Big Fan and sometime contributor to The Onion. Still, they’ve got some way to go to beat the racing snail gag in Monsters University.
Here’s the show’s blurb:
An episodic animated television series that picks up where the feature film leaves off. It showcases the world-traveling exploits of our snail hero and his tricked-out racing crew as they master outrageous new stunts and challenge any villain unlucky enough to cross their path.
Other Dreamworks TV spin-offs include Kung Fu Panda and How To Drain Your Dragon series that are certainly pleasant enough. Nothing earth shaking, but I can see how these sequel shows are a nice alternative for kids not quite wanting to watch the original film for the one thousandth time.
How many more shows will we see go to Netflix this year, do you reckon? I’m expecting this is just the beginnings of something pretty big and loud and possibly very disruptive.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014